Us Queensland Celebrants were having a chat one day about make-up, and many of us agreed that we had no idea what we were doing. What is primer? Do I need it? How do I stop my make-up slipping down my face on a humid day? Do I need to spend a fortune on the good stuff, or will my cheapo foundation be enough?
This put an idea in our head. Why not organise a group make-up session for celebrants, and learn from the best. Fortunately our friends at award winning, Brisbane based Bella Brides were happy to host a session for us, and what a session it was!
With a small, yet perfectly formed group of us, we heard from the team at Bella Brides that make-updoesn’t need to be tricky, and with a few insider tips, we too can easily do our own glow up.
As the Bella Brides team walked us through step-by-step on how to turn us into celebrant
supermodels, they shared some tips that helped us along the way:
- Apply a primer to prepare the skin to hold on to your makeup
- Press your foundation onto your face using a foundation brush or beauty blender
- Apply concealer to any imperfections and blend into foundation
- Lightly dust some powder over your face to set your base, paying particular to your T-zone
- Apply eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara
- Shape and define your brows
- Contour your face using a large blending brush before applying blush to the apples of your cheeks
- Apply lip liner and lipstick
- Finish your look with a setting spray
HENS PARTIES/BRIDAL SHOWERS/GIRLS NIGHT IN
As a group, Bella Brides stepped us through from go to glow, and we were amazed with the results.
Over the two hours, we found ourselves revealing out insecurities to each other, from too thin lips to
too large noses, and being the empaths that we are, we all reiterated to each other that we’re
beautiful in our own way. The session was a real bonding moment for us all.
Are you a Queensland celebrant, check our Events page regularly to find amazing industry events near you.